The epilator has become a sought after tool in the fight against unwanted hair. What you may not have realized, or simply been too nervous to try, is that the epilator can be used very effectively on facial hair.
Understand how the Epilator WorksYou can choose whether to use a corded or battery operated epilator; both types work in the same way. Of course, the cordless version is more portable; you can walk round whilst removing that unwanted facial hair! You simply roll the epilator across your face; it is effective even if you have sensitive skin. The head of the device is made up of a number of small tweezers. These grab your hair as your move it across your skin and pull it out from the root. Because it is being removed from the root it will take much longer to grow back than if you shave or even try waxing your unwanted hair. There is some pain involved as you are effectively plucking your hair. However, many users say that the process is less painful the more times you do it. It can also help to purchase a wet and dry epilator as this will enable you to complete the process in the bath which is less painful. Of course, this may be difficult if you are doing facial hair or your upper lip!
How to Choose the Right ModelAs soon s you start looking at epilators you will realize there are a lot of them on the market! This means you need to know which the best versions for your needs are. There are several key factors to consider when choosing a facial epilator:
- Price: Epilators vary greatly in price; you will need to set yourself a budget and find the right one within that price range.
- Select whether you would like a wet or dry model; or one that does both
- Note the tweezer numbers. Lower numbers may mean you have to run the epilator over an area twice.
- Accessories: cooling packs are particularly useful if this is your first use of an epilator; on any part of your body.
- Light – If this is included you should be able to see the hairs easier; especially if you have missed any.
- Speed controller – Most epilators have two speeds and this can be useful for sensitive areas such as the face.